Saturday, 22 August 2015

Boston Red Sox - TeamReport


BOSTON -- Torey Lovullo is 4-2 as the interim manager of the Red Sox.Dave Dombrowski is 1-0 as the new president of baseball operations of the Red Sox.
The Red Sox are still very much in last place in the AL East, but the players are also auditioning for the new boss.

Center fielder Jackie Bradley Jr. flashed his offensive and defensive talents on Wednesday night. Rookie first baseman Travis Shaw homered for his sixth straight hit over three games. The Red Sox twice hit back-to-back homers.

These contributions on a night young mainstays Xander Bogaerts and Mookie Betts rested.
A positive first look for Dombrowski?
"I think it would be very positive," Lovullo said. "I think our pitching (Joe Kelly) came out and set a very aggressive tone. ... I think we did a good job.

"We (had) a couple of little hiccups in there but by in large we played with energy, we drove the baseball offensively, we played really, really good defense on the infield -- and we played fast, that was impressive."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...